If your due date is around the corner, put dairy-free freezer meals at the top of your to-do list. Freezer meals are easy to warm up and serve, ensuring you have a well-balanced meal ready-to-go, especially when you’re too exhausted to cook. No more reaching for those take-out menus!
Before I share some delicious recipes with you, I want to explain why dairy-free meals are important to have on hand as well as offer some tips on how to best prepare freezer meals.
Why You Should Make Dairy-Free Freezer Meals
Even though you might love to splurge on a big bowl of ice cream or a really good bowl of homemade macaroni and cheese during your pregnancy, once you become a breastfeeding mommy, your baby might have something to say about all that dairy.
Most breastfed babies will tolerate anything you eat. However, a small (but growing) percentage of babies have a reaction to milk proteins — in fact, cows’ milk is the most common allergen in babies. 
In the event that your baby is sensitive or allergic to dairy, you will want to have some dairy-free freezer meals on hand. So even if you aren’t currently dairy free, this is why it is smart to make some dairy-free freezer meals (in addition to regular freezer meals).
Eliminating Dairy While Breastfeeding: What to Avoid
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia has a helpful list of ingredients that should avoid if eliminating dairy from your diet. Here are some of the main ones to avoid:
- Artificial butter flavor
- Butter, butterfat, butter oil
- Cottage Cheese
- Dry Milk Solids
- Rennet Casein
- Sour Cream
When buying ingredients or packaged foods, look for “dairy-free”, “parve”, or even “vegan”. Preferably you’ll want foods that are not processed in a facility that also uses milk, but some babies can tolerate foods processed on shared manufacturing lines.
Now that you are familiar with what a dairy allergen or sensitivity looks like in babies and what to specifically avoid in your diet, it’s time to get cooking. I have compiled a list of delicious dairy-free freezer meals that are easy to prep, freeze, and thaw for your postpartum dinner time!
25+ Easy Dairy-Free Freezer Meals
- Lentil Soup | Sugar & Soul Co
- Italian Wedding Soup | Thyme & Joy
- Crock Pot Beef Stew | Freezer Meals 101
- Instant Pot Turkey Sloppy Joes | Freezer Meals 101
- Slow Cooker Vegan Chili | Happy Kitchen Rocks
- Gluten-Free White Chicken Chili | Recipes from a Pantry
- Garlic Honey Chicken | Saving & Cooking
- Keto Instant Pot Goulash | Recipes from a Pantry
- Old Fashioned Meatloaf | Food Meanderings
- Chicken Tortilla Soup | Saving & Cooking
- Veggie Packed Taco Meat | The Beatty Bunch
- Eggplant Chickpea Peanut Curry | Rhian’s Recipes
- Plum Glazed Pork Chops | Food Meanderings
- Vegetarian Corn Chowder Soup | This Old Gal
- Onion Tart | Veet Cook Bake
- Three Bean Chili | Cadry’s Kitchen
- Asian Steak Kabobs | Once a Month Meals
- Sweet Potato Quinoa and Black Bean Chili | Jessica in the Kitchen
- Snickerdoodle Vegan Overnight Oats | Food Faith Fitness
- Gluten-Free Spinach Muffins | Emilie Eats
- Golden Butternut Squash and Chickpea Curry | The Full Helping
- Sweet Potato Turkey Burger | Well Plated
- Chicken Fajitas | The Family Freezer
- Crockpot Turkey White Bean Kale Soup | The Family Freezer
- Slow Cooker Chicken Curry |The Family Freezer
- Broccoli Quinoa Casserole | Eat Good 4 Life
- Hearty White Bean Soup | Hello Glow
I hope these meals help you eat well-balanced dairy-free (and quick!) meals so you can enjoy your precious new bundle! Please let all the other mamas know: which dairy-free freezer meal recipe is your favorite?
Sources:  Healthy Children: Common Food Allergies
Download the Ultimate Baby Registry Checklist Spreadsheet
Planning for a new baby? Download a FREE copy of my complete baby registry checklist spreadsheet today! Make your baby registry planning process easy with this detailed Excel spreadsheet and manage your budget and actual spending, too! It's perfect for moms who like to plan and be prepared!